The School Chaplain at St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School
Since the foundation of the school in 1571, the parish church and the school have worked very closely together.
The vision for the combined post of parish missioner and school chaplain allows for separate work but encourages holistic thought and practice. Most importantly, both church and school want to focus more on the needs and the people of the immediate locality.
The chaplain has made a network of local contacts and, working with church volunteers and school staff and students, is co-ordinating a range of activities. These include a study support club, a Somali ladies support group, a lunch and social club for older people and refurbishing a chapel space to provide local facilities as well as worship.
None of the above would be happening without the support of the Temple Ecclesiastical Charity. The funding and active interest of the trustees has given the project rigour and vibrancy. May this leadership of and service to the church, school and community long continue.
Simon Stevens Assistant Headteacher